Dragon Descendants Museum in Suphan Buri

Friday, February 18, 2011

I Missed the Chance to Love You


Ever felt that you don't like someone you've never met? You've never worked with? You couldn't bear the mere sight of him or her? But why do we have these feelings? They've never done us wrong (yet).

I'm not a judgmental  person. In fact, I gel along well with others. I must admit though, I'm more of the reserved kind. I'd rather be alone. I share my ideas with people I can relate with, the loners too, hahaha.

So when the time came, mid 2008, I met Tere. She was a very smart, outspoken person. She was one of the newly hired managers in the company I worked for 10 years. We blend a lot in terms of the work and tasks needed to carry out. But at the end of each day, my heart doesn't open to love her. Whenever we have out-of-town trips, which happens many times in a week, I'd rather commute or choose to be riding in somebody else's car than ride with her.

She must have felt it too and made discreet efforts for us to be closer. But soon before a budding friendship happens, end of 2008, I opted for the 10-year early retirement of the company and decided to settle in a foreign land. Since then, I only learned that she got sick, fatty liver, hypertension and the common stress related to work.

I somehow prayed for her. And long before my heart begins to open up for her, I got an international SMS from my AVP, November 2010. Tere passed away. Late October, she had a stroke. After a week, she managed to cope, then went to comatose and finally joined our Creator. She was 37. She left her husband, 13 year old daughter and 8 year old son.... and a year of should have been a good friendship.

I missed the chance to love you Tere. You taught me a real life lesson. That, although we may feel so allergic with some of the people we meet, they were sent to us for a purpose, under heaven's own reason and season.

No comments:

Post a Comment